You have now completed Better Tests: Essays in Exams.
Exams don’t have to be a dreaded experience. By studying throughout the semester to prepare and develop your knowledge, and from this program, practising and developing your test-taking skills, you can become more confident in test situations. This program was developed with the aim of giving you a better learning experience towards your best possible assessment outcome. You can also review the Better Essays program above, which was developed to provide you with steps to write a competent, well-structured essay.
It is always appreciated and it will be very useful if you now complete the brief evaluation which follows. Your views are highly valued, and will greatly assist us in making this a more effective program.
- Bouwens, Kate and Allen Brizee. 2010. “Writing Essays for Exams.” Purdue University. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/737/1/.
- Kizlik, Dr. Bob. 2016. “Effective Study Skills.” Adprima. http://www.adprima.com/studyout.htm.
- McCarter, Sam, and Phil Jakes. 2009. Uncovering EAP: How to Teach Academic Writing and Reading. Oxford: Macmillan Education.
- Merten, Margaret, Neil Trivett, Robyn Woodward-Kron, Jan Skillen, Alisa Percy, and Angela Cincotta. 1999. “Studying for Examinations.” University of Wollongong. http://www.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/
- Study Advice. 2016. University of Reading. Accessed November 22, https://www.reading.ac.uk/library/study-advice/lib-study-advice.aspx.
- Study Skills. 2016. University of St. Thomas. http://www.stthomas.edu/academiccounseling/current/studyskills/.
- Tests: Essays. 2016. California Polytechnic University. http://sas.calpoly.edu/asc/ssl/essaytestprep.html.
- Tips for Essay Exam. 2016. The University of New South Wales. https://student.unsw.edu.au/essay-exams.
- Writing Essays in Exams: Secrets of Exam Success. 2012. The University of Melbourne. http://services.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/