Incorporating the Key Ingredients
These five questions will assist you in understanding the material you will need to address in your critical review of the literature:
- Why is this research question worthy of being pursued?
- What do we already know in the research area?
- What are the characteristics of the key concepts/factors/variables?
- What are the relationships between the key concepts/factors/variables?
- What are the existing theories?
These further five questions will also assist you in understanding the material you will need to address in your critical review of the literature:
- Where are the gaps and inconsistencies in our knowledge and understanding?
- What views need to be further tested?
- What current research designs or methods seem unsatisfactory?
- What evidence is lacking/inconclusive/contradictory/too limited?
- What contribution to the area can your research be expected to make?
Click on the NEXT PAGE button at the bottom of the screen to go to the next section.