|Recognising Premise and Conclusion|
1. Because the area of farming land in the southwest has doubled in the last two decades, several species of marsupial have been threatened with extinction.
2. The distinction between theory and practice in art is artificial, since all good art must proceed from ideas which are grounded in one theory or another.
3. Democracy gives voice to too many diverse opinions. Therefore, democratic countries often experience policy paralysis.
4. In view of the fact that only 10% of the local population actively uses the new recreational facility, criticism that it is extravagant and unnecessary seems justified.
5. If effective academic writing relies on good critical thinking skills, it follows that all students should have the opportunity to develop such skills in meaningful and relevant academic contexts.